Clear Your Drain For Only $99!
Since 1958, Choates has been the choice of Memphis homeowners and businesses for their drain cleaning needs. In celebration of serving the Memphis community for almost 60 years, we are offering our drain cleaning special for only $99. Some restrictions apply.
Plumbing Services In Memphis
5 Signs It’s Time to Call a Professional Plumber
Don’t be fooled by DIY gurus on YouTube and Pinterest. Plumbing projects — especially electrical ones — aren’t particularly well-suited for the average homeowner. Depending on your skills, determination and supplies, you may be able to resolve minor problems or patch an issue temporarily until an expert arrives. But waiting too long could turn a small leak into a major flood – and that can lead to thousands of dollars of damage.
Deciding if and when to call a pro can be a tough decision. If you’re handy, up for a challenge or on a budget, it may be tempting to take on a plumbing problem most would shy away from. Take it from the pros, though – there are a few situations that definitely warrant immediate attention. Use this guide to find out if your plumbing problem is DIY-doable or not.
- Persistent sink or shower leaks
This is, hands down, one of the most common plumbing problems most homeowners face. Everyone has a leaky faucet once or awhile, right?
If you’re hearing or seeing the drip, drip, DRIP, know this: just one drip per second can waste more than 3,000 gallons of water per year, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). That means higher utilities for you, plus potential damage to drywall, flooring, fixtures. And don’t forget the mold — gross and costly.
Unfortunately, ongoing leaks could be a sign of too much pressure or another major problem waiting to happen. This one is one for the pros.
- Discolored water
If the water coming out of your pipes is anything but clear, you have a problem — it’s as simple as that. White, brown, red or yellow water is always a sign something’s wrong, whether it means rusty pipes, corroded copper plumbing or a local water main break.
Our advice? Check with your utility company or township for news tied to local water main issues. After that, try running the water for 30 seconds to see if it clears. If you’re still coming up empty (and murky), call a professional plumber to make sure your family and drinking water are safe. Until then, stick with bottled.
- A foul-smelling odor
A damp, dank smell is often a sign you need professional help. Clogged drains and hard-to-find leaks are usually the culprits of these odors but, in some cases, these smells are the result of toxic mold growing in your home — mold that’s bad for you and your family to inhale. If you suspect the bad smell in your home or business is plumbing-related, call us today.
- Slowly draining bathtub or sink
Clogged drains aren’t necessarily a plumbing emergency, but if you can’t fix yours using the traditional routes — i.e. boiling water, commercial products or a handy pipe snake or DIY shower hanger — then it’s time to call a pro plumber. Slowly-draining water could be a sign of an underlying issue such as a cracker pipe or a problem with the main drain. Again, mold and stagnant water present a slew of health risks, so don’t hesitate to ask the experts if you can’t resolve the problem on your own.
- Running out of hot water
Hot water tanks can only produce so much hot water — unless you have a tankless variety, of course. With that in mind, it’s not unusual for families to run out of hot water from time to time. A fully functioning system will reheat, but if you turn the water on for the first time that day and there’s only cold water, then there’s problem something wrong with your hot water heater. From washing dishes to taking a shower, hot water is a staple for most families so, if you’re consistently running low or it’s not coming back, get in touch.
What Your Plumber Can Do for Your Home
Whether you are looking to install new fixtures, fix a leaky faucet, or get your garbage disposal in working order, calling a plumber is the best way to ensure that the job is done right the first time around. Many homeowners are tempted to take the DIY approach to plumbing repairs, but this could end up costing more and leading to mistakes that cause more damage later on. With a trusted licensed, local plumber from Choate’s Plumbing, you can rest assured that your pipes, faucets, and fixtures will be in their best working order for reliable efficiency day in and day out.
There are many reasons you might call a plumber for in-home service. Most frequently, homeowners will rely on us for repairs when a drain or fixture is not working properly. When these issues arise, you should not hesitate to call us right away, because plumbing problems can get worse over time and waste a significant amount of water in the process. Below you can take a look at some of the specific issues where our expert plumbers may help.
- Sink and faucet installation – A new sink can update any kitchen or bathroom. Paired with a new faucet, you can optimize water use at the sink and enjoy the modern style of your new fixtures. With professional installation, you will not have to worry about future leaks or undue wear and tear that can come with DIY installation.
- Leak repairs – Even the smallest leak can waste gallons of water, so you will not want to let a leaky faucet go untreated. Leaks may originate in the pipes or in the fixture itself, so it is always a good idea to have a professional diagnose the problem to ensure that the right repairs take place.
- Toilet repairs – If your toilet is frequently clogged or fails to flush properly, there may be worn out parts that need replacement or a pipe clog that needs to be cleared. If your home has older toilets, you might consider upgrading to a modern low-flow option to reduce your water usage.
- Clog removal – Most drains will accumulate buildup from food residue, soap, shampoo, and mildew, which can cause the drain to run slowly and eventually stop draining altogether. Instead of using corrosive drain cleaning products, you should call on us to snake the drain and clear the clog without any harm to your pipes.
- Dishwasher repairs – Many homeowners rely heavily on the dishwasher to clean up after family meals, so a malfunctioning dishwasher could pose a significant problem. Our technicians will get your dishwasher back in working order quickly to keep your kitchen up and running.
- Garbage disposal repairs – Garbage disposals are among the most frequently misused appliances, so they often wear out or break down. With our services, you can get your garbage disposal working again and learn the best strategies for avoiding future issues.
Why Choose Choate’s Plumbing
When you call a plumber for any reason, you want to know that you are letting a skilled and trustworthy technician into your home. With Choate’s Plumbing, you can rest assured that you will have a licensed plumber completing work with competitive pricing and a comprehensive warranty. Additionally, we have more than 30 years of experience serving the Memphis area, and we maintain an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Our Residential Plumbing Services
Choate’s license and certified professionals can take care of all your plumbing service needs. Here is a list of a few of our services:
- 95-Point Plumbing Inspection
- Faucet Repair / Install – All Brands
- Drain Cleaning / Clogs
- Sewer Cleaning / Replacement
- Clear Stoppages in Sewers
- Water Heater Replacement / Install
- Tankless Water Heater Installation
- Fixture Upgrades – All Brands
- Bathtub Replacement
- Back-Flow Testing
- Water Services – Replace / Repair
- Camera Sewers with State of the Art Technology
Choate’s Plumbing Service can assist you with all your plumbing needs.
Give our plumbing office a call at (901) 755-4797 to schedule an appointment.