HVAC Service Technician Jobs
Looking for a change? Choate's is always on the hunt for experienced HVAC service technician. Think you can help our team? Apply below.
HVAC Service Technician
Choate’s Air Conditioning and Heating, Inc. (“Choate’s”) is looking for a knowledgeable and experienced HVAC Technician to join its team. As an HVAC Technician for Choate’s, you will be responsible for meeting with Choate’s customers to inspect, diagnose and repair the customers’ heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
- Three (3) years apprenticeship under a journeyperson
- Knowledge of Service Titan
- Certification through the Environmental Protection Agency in order to handle refrigerants
- State issued HVAC technician license
- Must hold insurable state driver’s license
- One (1) year of experience in the field
- Certification or associate’s degree from an HVAC program at a technical school
- Must have own hand tools
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive to Customers’ homes.
- Meet with the Customers and listen to their issues and concerns regarding their HVAC systems.
- Professionally inspect and diagnose the Customers’ HVAC systems.
- Present options to the Customers using Choate’s pricing and software systems.
- Use Choate’s electronic devices as required.
- Collect money and report necessary information to Choate’s.
Main Job Tasks And Responsibilities
- Travel to homes and businesses on a daily basis as scheduled.
- Perform consultations with Customers.
- Inspect current HVAC systems for effectiveness and safety.
- Determine customer needs and discuss all solution methods.
- Repair HVAC systems.
- Handoff leads to Comfort Advisors if a Customer may receive more benefit from a new HVAC system as opposed to the cost of repair.
- Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC systems.
- Conduct performance tests with specialized tools.
- Troubleshoot current HVAC system issues.
- Sell preventative maintenance contracts to Customers.
- Keep records of Customer appointments and payment transactions.
- Collect and remit Customers’ money/payments to Choate’s.
- Maintain accurate inventory of all equipment and HVAC resources.
- Inspect and clean Choate’s assigned vehicle.
- Interact with third party vendors, management and co-workers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The applicant must be able to lift up to 75 pounds unassisted
- The position requires that an applicant be able to see in order to drive and hear and speak in order to communicate with customers and co-workers
- The position will be both in indoor facilities and outdoors
- Applicant will be exposed to extremely hot and cold temperatures
- The position requires frequent standing, sitting, crawling, bending over, climbing stairs, climbing ladders and lifting
- The applicant will be exposed to demands from persons other than his/her direct manager
- The applicant will have no supervisory duties
- The applicant may be required to obtain certain licenses or clearances to perform Choate’s work
- Applicant must be able to ascend and descend ladders and stairs.
- Applicant must be able to lift up to 75 pounds, unassisted.
- Work will be performed in both a comfortable indoor facility and outside in the field.
- Applicant will experience some interruptions and occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than his/her immediate supervisor.
- The position frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands, standing, walking, kneeling, bending, reaching, staring at computer/phone screens, typing, working in tight spaces, driving, talking and hearing.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically