Commercial Account Specialist (Outside Sales)
Essential Job Functions
- Work both inside Choate’s Fletcher Creek location and outside in the field
- Report to work on time everyday
- Participate in all required training
- Learn Choate’s operating systems and telephone system
- Input all information and data into Choate’s operating systems
- Interface with customers, vendors and employees via electronic mail, telephone and face to face
- Drug free, must maintain a valid drivers’ license and must be insurable on Choate’s vehicle policy.
- Computer literacy/Microsoft Office
- Basic math
- Achieving assigned sales objectives
- Tireless cold calling
- Use of CRM software
- Inside sales
- Outside sales
Main Job Tasks And Responsibilities
- To act as the liaison between Choate’s and its Commercial HVAC customers with regards to part sales, equipment sales and Commercial Maintenance Agreements;
- Meet with the HVAC Sales Manager, Commercial HVAC Service Manager, commercial service technicians and commercial dispatcher to discuss potential parts and equipment sales opportunities and leads;
- Act as the sales person to field calls from commercial service technicians and/or customers to discuss customer buying options for Commercial parts over $1,000.00;
- Act as the sales person to field calls from commercial service technicians and/or customers to discuss customer pricing questions/objections;
- Discuss with and advise customers on repair versus replacement options;
- Inspect customer equipment in order to provide accurate bid proposals and pricing;
- Act as the outside sales person to run equipment sales leads from self-generated repair versus replacement discussions.
- Generate leads for the sale of Commercial Maintenance Plans;
- Renew Commercial Maintenance Plans;
- Monitor customer accounts (service/sales/maintenance plans) in order to serve customers and provide Choate’s services;
- Maintain a list of sales made (customer name, customer number, amount of sale, item sold and date of sale);
- Turn in weekly Commission Sheets;
- Participate in weekly HVAC Service and Sales meetings;
- Track and monitor a list of accounts (active and inactive);
- Network with local businesses and associations to generate possible sales leads;
- Schedule follow ups;
- Keep appointments with customers as scheduled;
- Log all customer information within Service Titan;
- If necessary, secure all relevant customer information;
- Collect and process customer payments;
- Offer options and upgrades to customers;
- Inform customers of any special pricing and/or promotions;
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries;
- Refer all customer issues to management.
- Meet daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly goals and quotas as set by management.
- Direct any questions you have to the appropriate department manager.
- Assist the HVAC install department with information regarding any sold projects;
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Must secure and maintain any licenses, clearances, passes or other identification requested by Choate’s and necessary for performing Choate’s work.
- Do not quote maintenance agreements over the phone.
- Must learn and use all of Choate’s computer software and technology, including, but not limited to, telephone systems, operating systems, Service Titan, Word, Excel, Easy Clocking, etc.
There are no unusual physical requirements in this position. Work is performed both in the field and a comfortable indoor facility. Applicant will experience some interruptions and occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than his/her immediate supervisor/manager. The position frequently requires sitting, talking, standing, walking, riding in a vehicle, handling objects with hands, typing, staring at a computer monitor or screen, reaching, climbing ladders, climbing on roofs, and lifting up to fifty (50) pounds unassisted.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- HVAC: 3 years (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Ops Manager
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture